Tuesday, August 3, 2010

When Clocks Talk

This is the second half of my Widows' Program tour.  We were taken to this building where a group of elderly women were weaving beautiful baskets.  By "building" I mean corrugated metal pieced together and painted to match.  The people inside however were warm and friendly and glad to have something to do instead of sit alone all day in a slum.
















When we arrived, the women sang a song of welcome and invited us to sit with them.




















Their handiwork is amazing, but the love of Jesus shining out is glorious.



















I don't know if I'm more surprised or humbled by it, but on the back wall the crooked picture/clock reads, "May your world always be a beautiful place."  I thought about that clock for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment