Friday, August 6, 2010

Move over Martha Stewart

I receive Living magazine all the way over here in Kenya.  Thankfully, they pay shipping because it cost my mother $8.94 to send me a magazine through the mail.  Anyway, Mrs. Stewart had a huge article about the virtues of succulents and her large collection.  She could have taken all the photos on my front veranda.

This plant makes me laugh because the underside of the leaves are striped like a zebra and someone planted it in a zebra container.


I like feeling these leaves when no one is around to think I've gone mad.

This plant is slowly overtaking the porch.  This stem is probably four feet long.


These plants are everywhere along the wall surrounding the compound.  If I was trying to jump the wall, I certainly would not want to land on these spikes.  I also love how you can see the impression of each new leaf on the old leaf from which it unfurled.

This last plant sits on a table in my living room.  I think one day I will paint a room this color.

I hope you enjoyed our garden tour of the day!  Except a real garden tour would tell you the names of plants and I don't know any.  I guess Martha Stewart can have her job back.

No comments:

Post a Comment