Monday, August 30, 2010

Portaits


This is what our refrigerator looks like.  It is covered with pictures and notepads and cute magnets that we inherited with the fridge.  It also hold lots of notes and pictures, hand drawn by kids and given at break times or after school. 


I love these notes because they always seem to say "I love you" in lots of different ways.  The colors, the non-birthday cakes, the flowers, hearts, penguins and sometimes candy canes all add up to a great message.

My two favorite pictures are portraits of Richard and me, done by a girl in Class 5, and adorned with stickers.  I love Richard's beard and beautiful (hehe) eyelashes.


In my picture, I might look like an 80-year-old woman, but at least I'm a happy 80-year-old woman.



You never know what you might get when a child hands you a piece of folded paper.  But I always love it.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I believe you have many budding artists. You do such a good job telling your stories. The 80 yr old woman thing made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete