Thursday, September 23, 2010

What You've All Been Waiting For

Today was Recitation Day for our village.  The Mamas, the kitchen, laundry and grounds crews, other missionaries and anyone else on campus came today to watch 12 class presentations.  We always start with the wee ones and work up to Class 9.  And today the last presentation was our new Primary School Choir's first performance.  And I think the first time I've conducted singers.  Where are all the instruments?  You mean I have to mouth the words?  Eeekk!

There are two things I would ask you to completely ignore as you watch the video.
1) The fact that the students are using papers and don't have it memorized.  Next time, my dears.  They don't know what's coming to them.
2) Me, specifically my conducting.  I seem to have contracted a weird back-beat at the end of every beat 2.  I'll look for a vitamin or something to help with that.

All in all though, I'm pleased to share this with you.  It represents the students' hard work after school, their incredible stage presence that I think is built in, their love for learning new things and most importantly their love for God.  Most of them wanted to be in choir solely to learn how to sing hymns in harmony.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I bet I know what Mr. Brezeale will be showing his students tomorrow. Ms. Brueck is going to be bragged on!!! That was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded Great!! Good job Kate! Thanks for keeping us informed with the blog! LOVE YOU GUYS!! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete