Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's Get Down to Business

Toilets here range from spectacular to sketch.  If you come visit us, we have two, nice, normal toilets with proper seats on them, just so you know.

The washroom at Art Cafe, our favorite restaurant, is like visiting a spa.

Other places have not been so fortunate.



This was one toilet at a local church.  I confess I was unaware of the washroom etiquette.  I learned later I should have taken a bucket of water from the tub of water out in the open to "flush" the "toilet." Now I know. (And knowing's half the battle - G I Joooeeeee!)


This toilet was also at a local church, and was certainly better off than the previous one.  However, does that mean you need to put it under lock and key?  Should I put my toilets under lock and key?  So many questions!

3 comments:

  1. Kate, you are a truly dedicated blogger. You even bring your camera to the bathroom in order to give your readers the full story. I have to admit, for all my teasing about you living on a daisy farm, I have yet to encounter a squatty potty quite so, so, so... words fail. Anyway, let me know what you decide about locking up your loos. I'm always interested in adding another key to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen 'those' in Europe, but was never quite sure how to use one. I was given suggestions, but decided I could wait. You know how long a teacher can hold it!

    Kate, are you using a phone camera, or are you as dedicated as Sara suggests?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slightly chagrinned to admit that I took my real, albiet small, camera into the toilet with me. But I have an excuse! I keep it in my purse and in Kenya, you always take your purse with you wherever you go.

    Sara, I think you can forgo the extra skeleton key and just lock your house. I think.

    ReplyDelete