Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Esther


This is my dear teacher friend Esther Nderitu.  If you want to say her family name properly, don't really pronounce the N.  The students still giggle when I say her name.

This was not Dictator Day, or Fairy Godmother Day or Dress-Up Day at school.  She is modeling the props I procured for Class 5's Recitation.  I've mentioned before about Recitation because of choir, but I wanted to give you a sneak preview of Class 5's very exciting concoction.  They are acting out a large chunk of the book of Esther.


This is our very dramatic King Xerxes wearing his crown newly made of Christmas tree tinsel decorated with Stars of David found in a Hindu shopping center.  Yep.  Doesn't he look kingly?

Also starring in the play will be a student named Esther playing herself, a boy named Austin playing the horse, Mordecai, Haman and assorted guards who get to haul him bodily of the stage.

Stayed tuned.  I promise I won't leave you "hanging." (Haha, get it? Haman gets hanged at the end?  OK.  I'm done.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I miss fifth grade so much. Of course Davis would be the dramatic Xerxes.

    ReplyDelete