Sunday, September 26, 2010

The New Mini


This minivan is a staple mode of transportation here in Kenya.   And I do mean MINI-van.  You often see them hurtling towards you, bravely navigation pot holes twice their size and crammed with people.  See the itty-bitty wheels?  How the two front seats nearly touch the ceiling? 

I bet you don't think it looks that small from this picture.  Try this one:


Richard is standing in the same parking space.  That is one tiny minivan!  

In other news, at this point in my photojournalistic expedition, I was reprimanded by the security guard for taking pictures in a parking lot.  I really wanted to ask if I could take a picture of him to complete the story, but I thought better of it.


2 comments:

  1. That would have been hilarious watching you and Richard run from a mall cop. It could be the next Kenyan hit at the movie theatre, "Dumb Americans". I envision you both running like the Benny Hill skits in fast motion, and the music playing in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you mail one back home for us to drive?

    ReplyDelete