Thursday, September 29, 2011

Monkeying Around


Yesterday, Richard and I went to City Park.  We heard through the grapevine that a group of vets take care of the monkeys there and that we could feed them.  We have seen pics of other care-free visitors doing this very same thing and and wanted to give it a whirl.  Who doesn't have a secret desire to hold a monkey?


The monkeys were everywhere, and adorable. 

See how this one is holding his own feet?


You could get up close and personal. 


They were very sweet and just a little pushy when they realized you had more corn in your hand than you were letting on.


They would jump on your back


and ride on your shoulder


and they were very well behaved.


This one, being such a well-behaved monkey, just nibbled my thumb to ask me to open my hand with the corn in it.  I obliged.  Unfortunately, I also bled just a little bit.  Enough to make us ask, so what does one do when one is bitten by a monkey in City Park?  Stay tuned for the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment