Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Fun Thing

 Several weeks ago, as we were driving past street vendors who stand in the road and sell you things through the window, I suddenly shouted in Richard's ear, "I need that!"  His response, appropriately, was, "No you don't," and drove on.  (He didn't mention anything about Napolean Dynamite. Strange.)

Anyway, in my defense, I had been trying to figure out how to untangle my mess of jewelry and keep it that way for weeks.  When I saw the small wire tree, I knew I found my thing.  Aaahhhh.

So after explaining my "need," Richard drove me down the same street today to see if they had any more.  I bargained for the only one and came home with my prize.  It was kind of like decorating a Christmas tree! It has lots of twisty branches perfect for hanging necklaces, earrings and bangles.  


Women in Kenya wear jewelry all the time and they wear it well. I have really enjoyed adding pieces of Kenya to my collection and showing my friends that I'm happy to be here and I like their stuff.  These banana leaf earrings were made by ladies in our widow's program. It doesn't get better than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment